Canvas photos are beautiful all on their own, or you can create your own personalized piece of artwork made from those very same canvas photos. See below for instructions on how to make a piece of artwork decor made from your photos and a monogram or your family name.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 3 canvas photos of your choice (sized 5" x 5")
- 1 canvas print with your monogram or family name printed on it
- Grosgrain ribbon (3 inch thickness in your color of choice)
- Staples or glue
- Have your favorite photos printed onto canvas in the 5" x 5" size. Pictures such as family photos, photos of your children/pets, or your wedding pictures are a good choice for this project.
- Next, have your monogram or family name printed on a canvas. You can add your family name and then something like "est. 2015" to it as well. If you can't get this printed onto a canvas, you can create it yourself and then print it out on your regular printer at home. Then use decoupage glue and a foam brush to adhere the piece of paper onto a plain canvas (this can all be purchased at your local craft store). The decoupage glue will dry clear and will make it look like it was printed on the canvas.
- Once you have all of your canvases printed, you can cut your ribbon to length. It should be at least 12 inches long, with the end of the ribbon being cut into an inverted "v" shape.
- Staple or glue (use an extra hold glue) your canvas prints onto the ribbon in whatever order you wish. Leave two inches from the top and bottom and one inch in between each canvas print.
- Allow the glue to dry (if glue was used) before attempting to hang this on your wall.
- Hang your new artwork on the wall using a small screw in hook.
- To finish off the look and to help hide the hook, add a bow to the top using the same ribbon color.
Another variation of this would be to hang each canvas from a single piece of ribbon. Add a bow to the top of each to hide the screw or hook. You can make the canvas prints a little larger with this project, add extra canvas prints, or vary the sizes for a different look.
Enjoy your new personalized piece of artwork.